3rd meet under our belt

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

cher062

Ok we just got back from our 3rd meet. And DD is still doing very well!!

the Judges were SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tough on everyone - I hope no one needed a qualifying score!

Video to be posted on my YouTube in the next few days so be on the lookout

DD's scores
Vault - 8.8 - 9th
Bars - 9.15 - 1st (not very many 9's in any event)
Beam - 8.2 - 7th (you know judges are tough when that places in the top 10)
Floor - 8.625 - 7th
AA - 34.775 - 5th and a big trophy to go with it.:D

Coaches come up to her after meet to say how proud they are. I say to the coaches Just imagine what she could do if she has some skills in this - LOL - we all laugh at that one. DD is once again flying on cloud 9.0!!!

good for her! again, just confirms that the choice to switch gyms was the right one for her!

and make sure you tell us which meet it is that she is at when her old gym is there...unless I missed that one already (wanna hear the deetz on that one for sure!!)

Our 2nd meet was with old gym. She came in 2nd AA the person who came in 1st was someone from her old gym but was a 3rd year L7.
See my youtube page in my siggy to see the video. She really showed them in that meet for sure. She won't have another one until the sectionals in Feb.

congrats to your DD, sounds like she is really leaving her mark on this level huh? And only if she had skills she could do so much better..lol. I wish her all the best at making sectionals in Feb..keep us posted

ok Just finished video - getting better at this only an hour to get it off the camera and into something you can view

YouTube - cher062's Channel

check it out.

The Judges were really tough at this meet that's for sure.

Great job! She looked like she really enjoyed herself out there.

As far as scoring goes, I really don't get it. I thought her floor seemed low, I would guess 8.8 or so. Beam was just about what I guessed. Vault looked really nice. She has a great run. Bars is a mystery to me. I don't pretend to understand. I know she did not hitting handstands, but does anyone have an idea of how much of a deduction that is?

Really great job, very tough scoring, but clearly she is doing great.

I cannot believe you have meets in the holiday though. Our gym has been closed since the 17th Dec!

At L 7 you don't have to hit a vertical Handstand you just have to hit 45 degrees above Horizontal to meet the requirement

She looked great! Really liked her floor...she's got some power, for sure!! And what a cool ending pose!!

She didn't look nervous to me! What on earth was that old gym thinking....?!? clearly, they have lost out. teeheehee

At L 7 you don't have to hit a vertical Handstand you just have to hit 45 degrees above Horizontal to meet the requirement

Then where are her deductions. She had really nice form. Straight legs, pointed toes, nice flow, free hip above horizontal. Looked good to me~! :)

Nice meet for dd! She really fought for that bhs and 2nd bwo on beam---good for her.
The scores are all relative. She got a 9.15 on bars and took 1st. Obviously the bar judges weren't going to throw out the 9s easily. All her other scores looked pretty much in line and if they're going to be tough on everyone then what can you do?

Wow, she looked great! Definitely some tough scoring, particularly on floor. I thought her floor deserved much better. Congrats on the 1st place on bars!

Gymmom14, it's my understanding that although casts at L7 have to be only to 45 degrees above horizontal in order to meet the requirement (i.e., to have a 10.0 start value), there are deductions if they are not within 10 degrees of handstand. That may be where she got some deductions, but I agree - really nice routine and tough scoring! Hard to see many deductions at all.

she had a 10.0 start value for all events.

Right, because she definitely was above 45 degrees. But I still think there are cast angle deductions even if you meet the SV requirement. I seem to recall this from the many Level 7 bars threads that have been posted here, but of course I could be wrong. Anyway, I thought her bars were great. Congrats again!

Thanks Everyone for your comments and support!!

Boy I miss that thank you button thats for sure.

Right, because she definitely was above 45 degrees. But I still think there are cast angle deductions even if you meet the SV requirement. I seem to recall this from the many Level 7 bars threads that have been posted here, but of course I could be wrong. Anyway, I thought her bars were great. Congrats again!

Thanks!

I would think if that is the requirment and you met it they can't then deduct that is the whole purpose of the start value requirements. It means if you meet those requirements exactly then you get full credit not 90% credit.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back