Alex takes 2nd place at Gymnix-National Novice (video)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kitkat

Proud Parent
Alex had fantastic weekend at Gymnix in Montreal. She had her personal best on beam - with a start value of 6.5. Had a nasty fall but got up and finished like a trooper.
Her floor has also really taken off. She has been really attacking this.
Vault - week before she started struggling with her layout on vault - so they ended up doing a tuck.
She placed 5th on bars, 2nd on beam and 1st on Floor. 2nd place AA
Missing 1st place by .033

Here is her video from the weekend
(and the weather was great for driving - yah)

Thanks for watching....

That was wonderful!

I am soooo in trouble - I couldn't breathe whilst she was on beam, and mine isn't even competing yet....

I was like that on beam last year. This year for me its vault. I gasp on whatever she is struggling with. She is tiny so it makes it hard to get over the vault as she doesn't have much weight.

That was wonderful!

I am soooo in trouble - I couldn't breathe whilst she was on beam, and mine isn't even competing yet....

Congratulations to Alex!!! First year as national novice with such impressive results at gymnix!!! And there were so many competitors for national novice.
You can actually see her confidence as she is performing!! She's well on her wayYou must be so proud!!

Thank you titanium girl... this is Alex's second year as Novice

I was so proud that she had to start on vault which has been causing her so much trouble and she managed to get through it and finish nicely....

Then the fall on beam - but she got right back up like nothing... In the end she had a huge bump on her leg and never actually crotched it...I guess she squeezed her legs really hard to slow down her fall... nevertheless ouch..

Thanks for watching her video

Congratulations to Alex!!! First year as national novice with such impressive results at gymnix!!! And there were so many competitors for national novice.
You can actually see her confidence as she is performing!! She's well on her wayYou must be so proud!!

Thank you....we are always proud. I think I am most proud of her attitude while she competes. She has been struggling on vault and she started on vault. I was scared that if it went south...how were the rest of the events going to go...she held it together - thats what I am most proud about.
We live by "attitude is everything"

Beautiful! You must be so proud! Thanks for sharing her videos with us.

Thank you
Really enjoyed the video! Well Done:)

We are so proud
Beautiful! You must be so proud! Thanks for sharing her videos with us.

Thank you - there were 3 groups of Novices so there is lots of really good talent out there
Great job ... 1st place so in her grasp!!!

Our coach does the floor routines, she really does a great job. Thank you the leos are very unique
Really well done to her. I think we all made the same sound when she slipped. I love her floor and that leotard is absolutely gorgeous.

She is got up and finished it off like it never happened
Amazing! Great comeback on beam after that fall! Congratulations to her. She is so good!

Thanks
Awesome job Alex! CONGRATS!

Thank you....we are always proud. I think I am most proud of her attitude while she competes. She has been struggling on vault and she started on vault. I was scared that if it went south...how were the rest of the events going to go...she held it together - thats what I am most proud about.
We live by "attitude is everything"

I know what you are saying. Two years ago at Gymnix my dd started on beam, and totally missed getting up in her press handstand that she did a billion times since she was 7 years old. But she kept going and stuck her routine and I was just so proud of that fact over top of anything else she did that day.

:)

I hope we get to meet at Provincials. I have shown my dd Alex's videos before, but didn't show her this one because she is already getting nervous about competing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back