WAG Back handspring issues..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm having a difficult time with one of my athletes. She's a righty..and I noticed tonight she's using only her right leg when jumping to do her back handspring. Which makes her back handspring crooked and her feet come apart before they leave the floor. How do I fix this??!

her feet are apart when she lands her round off. look there 1st and go from there.:)

My daughter's coach put her on the tumble track with a stretchy headband around her ankles and had her practice them over and over again until she got them:rolleyes:

Sent from my SGH-T999 using ChalkBucket mobile app

My daughter's coach put her on the tumble track with a stretchy headband around her ankles and had her practice them over and over again until she got them:rolleyes:

Great another headband gets the credit........

I'm a big believe that there's a reason we see a mistake, and to correct the mistake, we need to figure out the "why" of it. Maybe the headband works, maybe your dd learned a few other things that helped, or maybe the coach concentrated more effort on the causes for the mistake.

Congrats to your daughter, but don't count on it working the next time.......

Please look to see if the entire area surrounding her out to a distance of two body lengths is a safe place to fall. If not, then ask the coach to consider the possibilities of a kid losing balance, hopping about, and falling with little choice as to where "Humpty" may have a great fall.

I think the headband just made her concentrate on what she was doing with her feet:D During the entire process the coach was with her so DD got more of his time as well. I didn't mean to "say" something that was incorrect. Just mentioning how my DD finally fixed the same problem. Having her cut over to the left halfway across the floor was embarrassing for her:eek:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back