Anon Back step out on beam or two back walkovers for states

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A

Anonymous (0381)

Hi,
My daughter (platinum) is debating between a back step out verses two back walkovers on beam for states. She is taking .6 deductions on her two back walkovers because her legs are slightly bent, rhythm error, lack of lever, and one other deduction that I can’t recall. On her back step out she has one very bent leg and I don’t think her toes are pointed. It looks sloppy as this is a newer skill for her. She thinks she will take less deductions on the back step out? Which would she most likely take less deduction for? Thanks!

She would probably take less deduction for the bhs step out because one bent knee and flexed feet isn’t worth as much as 6 tenths

I’d also guess the one bhs would be less deductions, I’d have her ask her coach. They’d be able to give the best advice on which she should compete.

I will always vote for the single flight skill vs the connection. If you’ve been told there is a rhythm deduction that means there is a chance the two skills might not be considered connected. That would be another .5. As long as she lands on the beam her BHS is a safer option for her SV. AND as long as her arms are straight. If it is just a legs and feet thing then I vote BHS. If she is doing a bent arm and bent leg skill she could get close to that .6 and then it may be a toss up.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back