Best ankle brace?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

aerialriver

Coach
Gymnast
I sprained my ankle pretty bad and will need a good brace when I return to gym. I was hoping to find a store that offered several options so I could look at them/try them on but I can't find any so it looks like I might have to try my luck online.

I know a lot of gymnasts wear them so what type do you get? I see a lot of lace up ones, are they any good? What brand? And if you ordered online was the sizing correct? I need a lot of support that will help prevent my foot from rolling inward. Also do you tape and use a brace? I have seen girls do that. I am so confused, all I know is I don't need this happening again.

I went to a specificstore that my doctor told me about, and got one special made, it is a lace up one and is made for gymnasts with bare feet (It doesnt itch all ofthe time!) and I fell in love with it. Im on my third one (I have realy weak ankles) and I love itstill. ThebrandI use is ASO which is a pretty reliable brand, I see many gymnasts with them! Hope this helps and your ankle heals!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back