WAG Can I compete this?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kassgymnast_

Gymnast
Next year I will be a level 7 or 8. I just finished my level 6 season and have also recently gotten my aerial on beam. Am I allowed to compete this skill? As a L7 or L8?

Level 7 = no.
Level 8 = yes.

what would happen if I competed it as a L7? Because when I competed L7 last year (I dropped bc no giants) I competed a full instead of a layout on floor and got deduction because I never had all requirements. So if I had all my L7 beam requirements could I?

If you compete the aerial (an unallowable skill), you will be deducted 0.5 … in addition to that, they will still take form deductions on it and if you fall on it, you will still be deducted for the fall.
It won't count for any of your special requirements, so you will still need your acro series and a flight acro (can be in the series).
As for the full on floor… you could have done it as long as you also did the layout pass. The full is not unallowable… it just didn't meet the SR of "One acro series (min. 3 flight elements) including a Back layout to 2 feet"

If you compete the aerial (an unallowable skill), you will be deducted 0.5 … in addition to that, they will still take form deductions on it and if you fall on it, you will still be deducted for the fall.
It won't count for any of your special requirements, so you will still need your acro series and a flight acro (can be in the series).
As for the full on floor… you could have done it as long as you also did the layout pass. The full is not unallowable… it just didn't meet the SR of "One acro series (min. 3 flight elements) including a Back layout to 2 feet"

That was what the judges told us about the full. Wondering why an aerial is unallowable!

a full is only a B and only A's, B's exceptional C's are allowed in level 7. So if you competed a full, a forward pass with 2 skills, and a back layout pass you would meet all of your level 7 tumbling requirements. An aerial on beam is a D, you cannot do a D skill in a routine in level 7, because you are only allowed A's and B's. the earliest you can do a D is level 9.

I moved this thread to WAG> The skills directory is for just that. Posts dealing with technical aspects of skills.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back