Chance of 2016 olympics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

if you're a male the chance is slim to none. if you're a female no chance.

Anything is possible but its not likely. Olympians spend a life time training for hours every day, homeschooling, etc.
Female careers are usually over by 18 ish but males can go into their 20's.

are you still in a rec class or are you now on a team if so what level? Its along way from L4 to be an elite gymnast.

he won't start as a level 4. he'll start as a level 8. 2020 as a goal would be a more realistic question. 2016? slim to none.

I agree with dunno, and I challenge you to enjoy every moment you spend in the gym trying to show us you are the exception. Wanting is the first step, working your butt off with a good coach is the second step, and a good motivation is to do everything you can to show us you did it when we said "slim to none".

like im in tumbling classes we have to get a coach, because the old one retired, so right now im just getting floor and pommel training...

Thanks,thats the best advice i've gotten thanks to all of you, i know i cant i just come and and they throw me spot i know they'll make me work for it and im willing to give it every thing i got to be on that olympic team is 2016,

question: Is it true that the team being brought to the olympics been shortened down too 5 men?

when you're over the age of 18 and you have qualified by virtue of a score to that level. under 18, and not less than 16 is considered a 'junior'. you can make the olympic team between 16-18, but given the athletes that there are in that age group the chances would be slim to none. quite a few athletes would have had to have a bad day. but that is considered in the selection process. you can outright 'beat' or outscore another athlete and still not make the team.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back