Competition help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

dreamergymnast

:( I just got to the competitive team and I am really excited, but I am a nervous wreck for my first competition. Any help would be appreciated :eek:

I wasn't really nervous for my first meet but to calm down just take a deep breath, close your eyes and tell yourself, "it's just like at the gym. I can do it. There's nothing to be nervous about." that's what I always tell myself so I hope it helps you! And good luck with all your meets! :D

Thanks!:D By the way, were you not nervous because you did what you told me to do?

Yea. And when I got there all the girls looked like they knew what they were doing so I tried to look like I knew what I was doing too! Haha but they're not scary at all! But a few tips:
1: smile at the judges (when you salute both times)
2: NEVER PICK YOUR WEDGIES! Sounds silly but they can deduct for that.
3: just remember to always have fun and winning isn't everything! (even though I always get mad when I don't win haha)
Hope those tips help you!

lol at the last part by the way can they deduct for fixing your hair, having nail polish on, or earrings? Because my coach says we can't wear nail polish or earrings at competition. Thanks! :)

1: like what do you mean by fixing your hair? Like getting it out of your face while you're competing or just like doing it all (not super cute) kinda cute/pretty?
2: you cannot have nail polish. They will deduct.
3: I'm pretty sure they don't deduct for erring but my coach says that you are only allowed to have stub earrings. Not the ones that hand down.

1: like what do you mean by fixing your hair? Like getting it out of your face while you're competing or just like doing it all (not super cute) kinda cute/pretty?
I meant like fixing your ponytail/moving out of face.

Ok do they deduct if you have any wrist supports or anything like that (not grips) because a friend from gym told me that (even though she is in recreational) . Thanks;)

I would buy skin colored wrist supports because at my gym they don't deduct for that but I have known some to deduct for ones that are not skin colored.

thanks everyone this helps my competition a lot.:) by the way have you had any teammates that are jealous and really mean to you? i have a teammate who's like that to me :mad:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back