WAG Competition leotard newbie. Help!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Aero

Coach
Hello everyone! I'm thinking of ordering a set of competition leotards, and a set of practice leotards for my eleven girls. I was wondering what the process is like, and when I should order them. These girls will be competing next year, and I want to notify the parents as early as possible, as well as getting them prices and such. And I would like to buy both sets (comp and practice) from Adidas because I like their styles a lot. Can you choose colors, patterns, materials, and cuts? What about styles (long sleeve, half sleeve, single sleeve, etc.)? Does anyone have experience with Adidas leos in general? What about warm-ups and gym bags, etc. Are there package deals? I'm a complete noob when it comes to this!

I can answer some of your questions,. You can custom order the leotards. So you choose the style, color, rhinestones etc. The price is determined by all that you choose. It does take a couple months to receive the custom order. You can design the leotard on the website. Usually companies will send sizing samples to help determine what sizes to order. Once you know the girls sizes you can place the order.

I can answer some of your questions,. You can custom order the leotards. So you choose the style, color, rhinestones etc. The price is determined by all that you choose. It does take a couple months to receive the custom order. You can design the leotard on the website. Usually companies will send sizing samples to help determine what sizes to order. Once you know the girls sizes you can place the order.
Just remember that girls tend to grow, so you don't want to order them too early. MY OG had a growth spurt in between measurements / sizing and receiving the leotard order this season.
You are going to want the leotards to fit the girls (hopefully) for 2 years, because they ARE expensive, so it is always best to get the larger size if they are close.
Also, you will want to wait until they have the 2014-15 Competitive Catalog come out because it would be terrible to order a style that is being discontinued (BT/DT with GK and the leotard was $50 more the next season, but unavailable after December and we had 2 girls join team in January).
You may want to look at the catalog online. Long sleeve leotards range from $84.99 to $159.99.
Tank leos range from $49.00 to $79.00.
Since you have an Xcel team, I would definitely try to keep the competition leotards UNDER $90. (I know you said you like Adidas, but I have to say that our team switched to Alpha Factor this season and we have a leo with bling (sequinz) on it and they were under $80. We also got blinged out bags (big enough to hold all their stuff including shoes and a coat), blinged out jackets, and pants and the total was only $195. They have other options too.
Or for Warm ups and Bags, you could go through GTM. They have a lot of VERY reasonably priced warm-ups and bags.
Good luck.

Attachments

• Celestial Sequin_58A-0L8575.jpg
    Celestial Sequin_58A-0L8575.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 79
I forgot about GTM for the warm-ups. Good idea.

raendrops, I like the leo in your picture. Pretty but not overly busy.

I forgot about GTM for the warm-ups. Good idea.

raendrops, I like the leo in your picture. Pretty but not overly busy.
Lol, we call our team the Shining Stars and had a GK leo before this that had a double star on the side... but it was $125 the first year and $175 the second (it became "special order" then completely unavailable... which stunk because the GK rep had brought in nylon sizers before the first year with that leo and insisted that YG get a CM because there was extra room in the CL sizer... BUT our leos were mystique - tighter than nylon & she grew some after. Ended up having her squeeze into the CM both years until YMCA Nationals... then she borrowed an AXS from an injured girl who was not competing - and it fit PERFECTLY). It was at Nationals that coach found the Alpha Factor leo - and everyone loves it! They have a more expensive version with crystals, but we are perfectly happy with the sequinz.

Alpha Factor now manufactures Adidas leotards, so they have a couple that are similar to The Adidas style, but I think they're a little cheaper. You can definitely save money if you are willing to go with one of the standard color/bling combinations they offer in their catalogue. The prices really start to go up when you customize color and bling. Our team has been wearing AF for years and we love them. Our current leo has lots of crystals and mesh and set us back $180, but it's totally customized.

Have your girls ever tried Adidas leos before? My daughter's team had them and hated them!! You might want to have them see if they like it first!

Our compulsory team wears Adidas leos. Overall most of the girls like them, but the stripes on the sleeves have given some (especially those that may have sensory issues) a problem as there are extra stitching lines that rub on the arms.

What did they hate about them?
Overall, I think the consensus was that the fabric was too 'heavy' with not enough stretch and also that the trim around the legs/arms was itchy.

Indeed, the Adidas leo fabric seems 'thicker' than, say, her other leo brands (GK, Desitira, Motionwear etc)

DD's old comp leo had the real Swarovski crystals on it. It was really beautiful. It was also $250, which is just terribly expensive for one leo. The warm up jacket also had Swarovski crystals on it, and it was also just gorgeous, and insanely expensive.

I know the girls and parents would have been just as happy with the $100 leo. It's not like it even has to be all that durable or anything, since it only gets worn a handful of times every year.

Also, you might want to think about your team colors. There was a thread a while back about this. Do you want to have a signature color that will represent your team for years to come?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back