Parents DD first level 5 meet this weekend!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

littlegirlsdream

Proud Parent
Holding my breathe that the first meet goes well. To be honest we arent expecting greatness just survival:) She is young and vault is a BIG issue. beam can be great IF nerves dont win out and then throw in that random mishap that seems to occur occasionally at meets and we just have no idea how this will go. But, we will be there cheering her on every step of the way!!!!!

Good luck! Sending whatever vault vibes we have available. My dd was tiny Level 5 too and I remember how hard vault was for her.

I felt that way about my daughter's 1st meet back in September-not expecting greatness, just hoping to survive all 4 events. :) After watching her (DD) this past week begin learning some level 5 moves, I understand your nervousness. Good luck to her!

Thanks all for the luck it paid off!!!! She got a 9.05 on beam which was 2nd place and a 8.45 on bars and a 8.85 on floor both 5th place, she did make it over vault for a 7.65 which we will take:) no place with that but kept her high enough for 4th AA!!!!! We couldnt be prouder 47 gymnasts and her category was 8 and under so, for a barely 7 yo, not to shabby:)

Glad she made it over that vault! My DD got a 7.85 on vault at her first L5 meet (9 y.o but smallish and just lacks "power"). Sounds like your daughter is on her way to a great L5 season. That vault score will improve as she goes on!

What an awesome way to start the season. A 9 on beam, woot!!

She's going to have a great year. WTG little one :)

Wow! Great way to start the season. Vault is my daughter's nemesis! But she is getting there. It is really tough for the smaller girls.

Glad to hear she did well. My daughter is competing tomorrow at 12:00 so wish her luck.

Again Congrats and glad she had a great first meet.

Good job to your DD! My DD competes in 3 weeks. She will be 7 on the day of her first meet, and is also rather tiny! I am very anxious to see how vault will turn out. She has a beautiful run and pops onto the vault, but she needs to block off more from the vault. What is your DD's favorite apparatus?

lilgymie7: Her favorite is beam. Her strengths are tumbling and beam but sometimes nerves get the best of her on beam. When they dont though she has beautiful beam work. Bars have come a long way and she really is gaining confidence and learning to trust her own body. Vault same as your DD fast run, strong off the board hits vault in handstand blocks wierd and that pops her to the end of vault still on her hands then she pushes again and finishes the vault its very strange:) As she moves up in levels she seems to be better at the skills. 4 was so so for her, 5 is already a ton better and when she practices level 6 skills she is even better at those. I think its kind of strange but what do I know;) DD just turned 7 too:) Good luck to your DD in her up coming weeks I look forward to hearing about it. What is her fave?

mtbmom: Good luck to your DD. I am sure she has worked hard too and it will pay off!

DD says that her favorite event is "vault, then bars, and floor" I can't believe she loves the two that seem the hardest for little ones. She says she doesn't like beam, but she looks good doing the routine. Thank you for the good luck!:)

Congrats! Sounds like it was a great meet. Just getting over the vault is big when they are so young and small!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back