Parents DONE with level 4!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

UnoMas

Proud Parent
Older DD had her level 4 state meet on Saturday. She is so excited to be done with level 4 and is right now as we speak having her first practice as a level 5!:)

It was an interesting day because she got a big bubble on her hand on Thursday...which we did not pop...(see post in Q&A about "to pop or not to pop") . She made it through 4 hours of practice on Friday...it did not pop or rip...didn't even hurt...and then at the meet it ripped during bars warmup!:rolleyes: RIGHT before she had to do bars. She started crying...she was so upset and man those things HURT and of course she could not wear tape during the meet. The coaches did a really good job of talking to her and telling her she just had to do one bar routine and that "it won't hurt anymore when she wins";). Her best event is bars and we thought she had a chance at placing really well so we were all sad that the darn thing had to rip right then! Anyway...here is the report:

First up: Bars 9.35 (6th place). I was VERY proud of her for pushing through the pain of that rip!!

Next: Beam 8.625 (no medal)...she went OT and was wobbly. Bummer because she'd had several weeks of really beautiful beam routines!

Third: Floor 9.250 (3rd place and personal best!):D She truly did the very best she could here...fixed LOTS of little details! Very proud of her...and she got to stand on a BOX! That is all she had wanted after quite a few weeks of scoring 4th or lower on everything!

Last: Vault 9.10 (8th place and personal best). Again, super job and very proud! Nice improvements with some tough scoring here!

AA: 36.325 (7th place)

Team got 3rd place in state...pretty good!:) Also, I got to talk to JuJu's mom for quite awhile and meet her little superstar in person!

So...DD had a good day! Her floor routine was a very big accomplishment for her as she has struggled with RO BHS on and off all year! She started out the season with an 8.35 on floor. So, she made huge improvements! She is not a "powerful" tumbler so the score really reflected her attention to detail...which was one of her goals. And more importantly, she gets to move on to Level 5 and we are both very excited about that!

I need to make videos from the last two meets (sick of video making!;)) but I will get them up soon hopefully.

Thanks for reading and please send Level 5 skills fairies if you see any! She needs the kip, jump to high bar, front handspring, and vault! She's going to be a busy girl at practice this week!

Good luck to everyone else who has states coming up!

Good for her posting that awesome bar score with a nasty rip on her hand. She did great! Congratulations on a great state meet and the end of Level 4! She must be so excited to be starting new skills. Sending lots of L5 fairies her way. My dd is ready to bid farewell to L5 will be happy to send them all Maddie's way after states!

Can't wait to join in the joy of being done with level 4. Our states are still a month and half away and my daughter can't wait to start training level 5 all the time. She has most all her skills, so I can't wait to watch new routines.

Sending kip fairies your way.

Congratulations!

And just curious why she could not put tape over her rip during the meet?

She did a great job, especially with having to do a bar routine right after a blister popped. She showed a lot of courage. I will send her all my DD's L5 fairies Sunday night right after she gets done with States.:)

Congrats on a great job at States. Poor baby, competing with a fresh rip, what a trooper. Hope she has fun working on level 5 stuff!

Congrats to her on a very good meet--big bummer that she popped the bubble during warm-ups though! Poor kid!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back