Finding a gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter is 4 and wants to start gymnastics. How do I go about choosing a gym? There are a few in my area but I don't really know about gymnastics! Thanks!!

Call each of the gym clubs and find out when they have classes scheduled for beginners at age 4. Go watch a few of the classes at each gym to see which, if any, seem to be a good fit for your daughter.

The next step, if an over-all program seems a fit, is to see if they'll allow your daughter to come in for trial classes. Try to set one up with each of the instructors that teach in the 4yo program, and see if she clicks especially well with a particular instructor.

I know it seems a lot do, but it may save heartburn and heartache in the future.

Have fun!

Call the clubs you are willing to travel to and arrange for a visit to see what they have to offer. Usually they will let your DD do a class for free or cheap (like $10) to try it out. Then you can see for yourself how things work. That little voice inside your head will tell you which is the best fit.

Call and get all the information on price and times. Also ask about a trial class. Most gyms allow a free trial class for rec students. Try and do the class at the time you would be there on a normal basis---this will give you an idea about driving time etc. Make sure you talk to the coach after and get their thoughts.
Lastly, see how your dd reacts---that will tell you alot.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back