MAG First meets of the season?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
@profmom - exactly! and our January boys meet is one of those! Big meet one hour away, for both MAG and WAG. But for some reason, our girls have to go to different big meet three hours away, and in different direction. Now that's annoying :(
Sorry... just needed to vent. Thanks for listening!
Yeah, I dont know why they do this.....boys vs. girls!!!
They gyms need to remember that we just want to see our kids compete and have a great time!!!

Just had it this past weekend. Next is Dec. 6/7...

How did it go? We have our first meet that same weekend in Dec. and our coach is going crazy because the guys need to be ready then! Can't imagine how high his blood pressure would have gotten if we had had a meet last weekend.

My boys are doing a couple small meets in January - although my L7 is presently off all gym due to a concussion from slipping in the snow and hitting a rock while feeding the chickens! 2 weeks so far and still not anywhere near normal balance/concentration, etc....this year is definitely shaping up a lot differently than the kids had planned it 4 months ago - but that's how life goes, I guess - my younger DS is ready to compete L6 (albeit with very shaky rings...)!

My daughter's first meet is December 13th. She hasn't competed since March 2013 due to injuries. She is not really ready for this meet - mentally or physically but she is excited to get back to competition. I hope it goes well for her!!

My son's first meet is January 17th. It is going to be a skills competition for the upper levels. On each event the team will have 3 boys do their most difficult skill. You can have one boy do at most 2 skills on an event. It will be interesting I guess. His first meet where he will be competing routines is January 24th.

Good luck to all!!

Oh, geez, Gracy, so sorry to hear that about your son! Mom2twins -- my son would so so love to do a competition like that!

@profmom - The first meet went very well. Team took first, and my son (first meet ever for him) placed in everything and was 1st AA as well. Today's meet was another story! Much tougher competition (diff clubs there) and my son was having an off day... He still placed, and his AA didn't change much overall (-.4) but was only 4th AA...

sounds like a great start to his season wrzos! Congrats to your ds!

Yes, that is terrific! Hopefully they get a bit of a break now to go back to work with the pressure turned down.

We had our first meet yesterday. The L6 guys took second place team and almost everyone got at least two medals. Pretty impressive for a team with nine first-year L6s! DS had a good outing. He went six for six and felt good about his routines. He's a little bummed about his rings score, which he couldn't figure out, but hopefully his coach can tell him what he needs to fix tonight. He brought home event medals in four events and an AA medal, and his pbars routine was nearly flawless (albeit not yet with the giant in it). All in all, a great day for the guys, though he was still stewing a little bit this morning about what he coulda shoulda done to pick up the extra .3 they would have needed to bring home the first-place banner.

Back to the gym!

My dd had two competitions already my ds is competing this Friday . And we would like some good luck I guess

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back