MAG First optional meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

munchkin3

Proud Parent
DS has had a long gymnastics road. He is competing L8 this weekend on 3 events for the first time in 2 years.
It is a big meet that happens to be at his home gym.
He asked us NOT to go. He said he thought the pressure would be better without us there.

I totally understand, but feel I need a wig and some big sunglasses immediately!

So excited for him. I can't wait to hear how it goes!

I woudl find a way to sneak in ;) not sure I could miss it, but good luck!

He competed! 3 events, which I did not even see except floor...I came towards the end.
He was beyond nervous and awkward when i dropped him off.
But he was happy that he did it....the first is the worst right??
I am beyond proud of him. He has really persevered throughout this sport. He went from several State/National titles, to terrible injuries, to a terrible coach....
He is still doing it. Good for him.

Well done to him, that is fantastic determination to have been through all that and still keep going. He is clearly a very strong individual and his persistence and determination will be fabulous assets for his future. And well done to you for raising such a fighter!

So happy for him. This sport teaches so much to our kids. Glad you slipped in to see a bit too.

Thanks so much for listening!!!
It really has been such a crazy road! It really is hard to be a gymnastics parent! I have made so many mistakes, but I think this was the right thing. I gave him his space....I kept my opinions to myself (only to vent here!). He was all smiles.....He took his 4th place finish proudly laughing and saying, 'well, there were only 4 guys in my group!'
actually, it just hit me too.....My DD just finished her season this weekend too!
i guess NO REST?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back