Parents Grips Slipping?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

3LittleGymmies

Proud Parent
My daughter has really small hands and tiny wrists. Her grips are a 00 Narrow. We chose the narrow because bars was not her strongest event at the time and her coaches agreed that a little more contact with the bar would be a good thing for her. She has really worked hard and her bars are great now and she has not had any issues with her grips until now. Although the wrist part seems tight (last hole) and she is wearing wristbands under them, the "grip" part on the palm sometimes slips/slides over, she says. She has gotten a few rips on her palms from this happening. I am not sure if this is normal or if it's because of the "narrow" (I think it's only 1/4" or less wide than the regular) fit or.... ?

Ask her coach if she needs new grips. I don't make grip decisions because I don't feel like I know enough about the subject to make the call. Have her coach take a look at them and give you his/her opinion.

Do you mean new grips as in these may be "worn out" (do they wear out? I just assumed girls only got new ones when they grew...) or a different style @cbifoja? :)

Worn out, incorrectly worn, maybe not the best brand for your daughter's hand. Lots of different scenarios that could be causing problems.

The coach needs to check the fit. Very unlikely that they're worn out if she's only had them for a year or so and isn't doing a lot of giants and release moves.

The grip will stretch over time (up to 2 inches in some cases) , so you have to get new grips. That is probably why it is riding lower on her wrist now.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back