Parents Gym shorts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Faolmor

Proud Parent
Not sure if this is the best place to put this one (admins, feel free to move it, if it's in the wrong spot!).

My DD's gym has a training uniform - red leo and black shorts (the velvet kind). She has just had a growth spurt, and I bought her some new shorts. The new shorts, although a good fit, are constantly - and I mean constantly - rolling up...to the point where her butt ends up hanging out of them. She's 5, so she's not great at unrolling them during class (they roll really tightly!), and it's getting a bit weird for her coach to be fixing her shorts for her all the time.

The fabric of these shorts seems thinner than the last pair. The brand on the new pair is tumblewear. The tag on the last pair has faded, so I can't tell what they are.

She was even given a pair from the reception at her gym to try. They are the Amove brand...and it's the same issue. Thinner velvet, and constant rolling of the fabric up her leg. The shorts are a good fit - not too tight or too small.

My question is...where do I find gym shorts that don't roll and are made from the slightly thicker kind of velvet? Does anyone have any recommendations for brands?

(I sound like a psycho, sorry lol...but really, it's annoying her so much she is having trouble concentrating on anything except her shorts!)

Maybe try going with a material other than the velvet. They have shorts that are made of the same material as most leotards. My DD has a few pairs from GK and more recently started wearing the Nike Pro shorts when they run. They don't roll at all.

Maybe try going with a material other than the velvet. They have shorts that are made of the same material as most leotards. My DD has a few pairs from GK and more recently started wearing the Nike Pro shorts when they run. They don't roll at all.

Unfortunately, it's their uniform. But I can always ask!

Wow, most of our girls no longer use the velvet shorts because they get so hot in summer. My daughter likes the Snowflake brand, which I think you can still buy through Leapfrog Leotards here in Australia (http://leapfrogleotards.com.au/). As far as I know you can't get GK velvet shorts here, although my daughter really loves them.

And after that, I'd find someone who can make velvet shorts for you. We have a mum at our gym who will custom make gymwear for girls (Handpring Leotards - check them on Facebook), but is based in Queensland, so it might be worth looking for someone local if you can find one.

I agree, you want to get shorts that stay put and don't distract her from getting on with her work in the gym. I'd petition to move away from the velvet and then you can try the GK regular ones...

Not sure if this is the best place to put this one (admins, feel free to move it, if it's in the wrong spot!).

My DD's gym has a training uniform - red leo and black shorts (the velvet kind). She has just had a growth spurt, and I bought her some new shorts. The new shorts, although a good fit, are constantly - and I mean constantly - rolling up...to the point where her butt ends up hanging out of them. She's 5, so she's not great at unrolling them during class (they roll really tightly!), and it's getting a bit weird for her coach to be fixing her shorts for her all the time.

The fabric of these shorts seems thinner than the last pair. The brand on the new pair is tumblewear. The tag on the last pair has faded, so I can't tell what they are.

She was even given a pair from the reception at her gym to try. They are the Amove brand...and it's the same issue. Thinner velvet, and constant rolling of the fabric up her leg. The shorts are a good fit - not too tight or too small.

My question is...where do I find gym shorts that don't roll and are made from the slightly thicker kind of velvet? Does anyone have any recommendations for brands?

(I sound like a psycho, sorry lol...but really, it's annoying her so much she is having trouble concentrating on anything except her shorts!)

gk so not move

I had the same problem with my dd I went to a dance shop I'm in the uk so don't know if it helps but they are smooth velour and the bottom of the leg holes have a thicker seam round them never had this problem since I can't post a pic if it helps you may be able to get some made

get some made using the Jalie pattern - its a 4 piece construction instead of 2 piece and fits much better, and use a decent quality velour

Definitely GK (my daughter wears the velvet ones constantly and loves them - no rolling) or Nike pro (non velvet)...good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back