WAG Has an alternate ever been used at the Olympics?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

She does have a shot, but Kocian is more likely to make it since she's a bars world champion and has proven she can hit routines under international-level pressure. Locklear has also been to worlds but I think she made a mistake and didn't place. She's only been out scoring Kocian by a few tenths (they actually tied at nationals last week, both 15.7s) so Kocian will probably take the spot. Don't count Locklear out completely, though!

Locklear did not make a mistake at 2014 worlds(not in any of her 3 bar routines). Main reason she didn't medal is because it was a rare competition where both Chinese gymnasts hit in finals. It was Kocian who actually didn't do well at this worlds, didn't even qualify for UB finals and Locklears score in team finals was higher than Kocians.

Okay, I'll back away slowly and calmly lol. I must have mixed up Kocian and Locklear's experiences. Apologies for my own mistake!

Anyway, I think my point still stands here. Kocian has placed first in the world and Locklear has not. In Marta's eyes, that's a big deal and so I think as an UB-er, Kocian still sits above Locklear. It's very close, though!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back