Help wth glide kip

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

Flip_Twist_Tumble

Can someone please help me with my kip? I always pull before my feet can touch the bar. Basically, I never let my feet touch the bar before coming to front support. I know that might sound confusing, but can anyone give me tips or drills for a glide kip?

Okay, so I am mostly a coach/former gymnast but I do like to play around in the gym when I get the chance. So to me you don't have to completely touch your shins to the bar to make your kip, but they should come within an inch or so. Also some reasons you might be having trouble is lack of flexibility/strength. I couldn't tell you unless I actually saw you do the kip, but it sounds like you should work on your pike flexibility and/or do lots of leg lifts and other exercises that give you that same motion of getting your shins to the bar.

Hope this helps!

Well, I have my kip now, my problem was that I had a straddle glide but I couldn't keep my legs straight, so it was almost impossible to bring my feet up. Then,. I used a mat to jump to the bar and I did everything right except throwing my body over the bar. I finally got it a couple weeks ago. Also, I am the most flexible girl in level 4, by the way.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back