Hi everyone.. new mom!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

GymnastsMomma

Hi everyone:)
I have been a long time lurker and decided to finally join! I have 3 kids, DS is 9 and takes tumbling classes\rec, older DD is 7 and finished her L5 season, and younger DD is 4 and is on the pre-team. older DD has alopecia areata, she has absolutely no hair on her body or head. She is questioned and receives many looks but this is just a heads up if I decide to post any pictures on here.

I am very excited to be apart of the ChalkBucket!

Welcome! I was also a lurker. I finally joined so I could actually participate and ask questions. There is a wealth of knowledge and experience here. Discern and use it wisely. Can't wait to hear more from you!

I already explored the website and wow! What a great community to be involved in:)

Welcome to the board, it's a great place. It sounds like you have a group of talented gymnasts and it's great to have you!

Hello and welcome to CB !!! That's a lot of gymmies ! I only have one ! DD is 9 and hoping to move to L5 in April. She competed L4 in the fall and is currently competing Rookie 2 in a Prep Op program.

Can't wait to hear more about your gymnasts !!

Welcome! When DD first started team as a L4 a new girl came to join the team. A staff member gathered the group ahead of time to explain why their new mate might seem a little different to them. She had alopecia! She was a such a sweetie nobody cared about the hair! They became super protective of her at meets too when other girls from other gyms made remarks. And most parents from other gyms assumed she was a cancer patient, LOL. While we are no longer with that gym, she is still there enjoying a great year as a L7 and DD often sees her in the summer at dive meets since they both dive (for different teams) and DD says how lucky she is not to have to worry about wet hair!

My DD just had her 9th Birthday and finished up her 1st L5 season. She will repeat to perfect that floor routine which she just got the hang of by states, and also that vault which also took all season to figure out! Glad you decided to come out of lurkdom, I've been here a couple years and love it!!!

Hi welcome! :) I am the mommy of soon to be level 4 gymnast who is 10 and soon to be level 3 gymnast who is 6. Sounds like you are kept busy! :) I went to school with some girls who has alopecia. :) We never thought anything of it. :)

Welcome to this wonderful site! I too was a lurker and only recently began to post. My gymnast is 8 and just finished her 1st L5 season--exciting. I have two older children who are into other things (my son (11) likes fencing and my other daughter(12) theater). I have found this site very informative and supportive--it's nice to share with those who know what you are going through!--Currently we are digging out of another snow storm so to my fellow northeasters happy shoveling :))

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
Yes, there are some benifits.. hair never gets in her face while flipping etc. We have never met anyone else with the condition but its good to hear there is another gymmie out there that is like my DD!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back