Parents how do we stand out hosting first meet?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

One meet we hosted had a Hollywood Red Carpet theme ... complete with teams marching in on the red carpet after being allowed to enter through the velvet ropes. The entire competition area was roped off with the velvet ropes. The girls had faux feather boas and sunglasses they could wear and we had "paparazzi" snapping pics.

As others said, coaches make the decisions...so good hospitality area for coaches and judges is a must. As a parent, I appreciate being on-time, a SHORT awards ceremony, and the kids love a good meet gift (t-shirts get old and sizing is often an issue...blankets and nice water bottles are my daughter's favorite) Decent seating and bathroom facilities, and a variety of concessions are also important. But the standards for this will vary if you are hosting in your gym, or renting a large facility. I am also a sucker for a fun theme - whether it be jungle, or beach, or any crazy theme. Helps me remember the meet. they all blur together after a while.

I would suggest pre sales of admissions wristbands for gym families to help minimize the wait at the door to pay.

If you want to stand out to the coaches, just make sure you have good food for them.

I cannot count how many times I've heard (or said) "that meet had really good coaches food last year, let's go there again this year."
100 Times this!! Coaches and judges love having a room to get away for a few minutes with food and beverages (you can't stock enough Diet Coke for gymnastics coaches). Kids have their own things they love (t-shirts, themes/photo opps, snacks, etc) but convincing the coaches to come back is important in the long-term.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back