HS Gymnastics !

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I go to********* in New Mexico and i want to start a gymnastics team at my school ! Im not sure how to start it or what i refer to as when i bring this up with the activity director at my school. My school is ******* very new so i know there hasnt been a team yet. Usually there are Associations or clubs that you can join threw your school. There is a golf team at our school so i would demand at team lol ! Please help me ! ******************** Thanks again

(mod note) This is the internet and while we try to mod the CB to the best of our ability, there are still strangers lurking around. Especially if you're under 18 please never post specific details like your school or club name. Try to keep other details very general as well. This is just to keep you safe!

Also please try to use proper spelling and grammar here, it helps your post be more readable, thanks!

-Bri

Last edited by a moderator:
With just a quick look via Google, it doesn't look like gymnastics is recognized as a high school sport in New Mexico. So starting a club team would probably not do much good seeing as there won't be any teams to compete against. If your school is new, they probably also don't have the equipment needed, and that can be pretty expensive if a program needs to buy it all at once. Especially if it would be a solely recreational team/program with no prospects for competition.

Maybe you could start an acrobatics group and perform at school functions and such. My DD took acro and LOVED it. And for that you just need a few mats and an instructor who knows what he/she is doing so that you can learn cool stuff, have some good choreography, and stay safe while doing it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back