Judging Questions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Since my coaching options are currently very limited, I've looked a little into judging the compulsory levels. I figured knowing another aspect of the sport could be helpful when I actually get back to coaching at a USAG program. However, for the last year-ish I've been dragging my feet because of the upcoming level/routine changes. I'm hesitant to invest in the compulsory materials (and I'm a grad student, so any amount of money is a substantial investment in my book) only to have them become completely useless in a year or so.
So for the coaches and judges out there- would it be worth it to pursue this now? Or would I be better off waiting until the new routines and levels have been established?
Thanks in advance!

If you have been coaching the current routines and know them really well and all you need to do is learn the general deductions, you might not even need to purchase materials...you'll just need to pay for the test, plus your NAWGJ membership, and your uniform. (I'm assuming you have a USAG professional membership.) In that case it wouldn't be too bad and would be good experience to test and judge with routines you are already comfortable with.

However, if you would need to purchase all the materials I would recommend waiting. Doesn't make sense to spend all that money to just turn around and spend it again in 2013.

It is expensive to judge...not gonna lie! At least at the beginning:) It is totally worth it though as the pay per hour is great as you move up the levels and it definitely helps your coaching. But, starting up can be expensive...which are all business expenses you can deduct from your taxes, if you are savvy enough to do it!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back