Coaches L1 Competing...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

To compete or not to compete? Personally, I think it's a waste of time and money. Thoughts?

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using ChalkBucket mobile app

There are a lot of thoughts on this subject. And it really depends on the goals and finances of any club in particular, and what the competition looks like in your area.

Some clubs do it where they basically have an A and a B track. Kids who will most likely never make it to or past old level 4 will have those kids start competing at Level 1. It lets the kids have all the glory of going to meets, having a comp leo, get parents giving the gym more money etc. and builds excitement in the program. And then kids who they think have the potential to be high level team members go a different track.

Here in Australia pretty much everyone competes level 1. If you wait until level 4, your i experienced gymnasts are going against gym arts in at least their 4th year of competition.

if your long term goals are to reach elite, I would skip level 1 comp though. It's a time waster.

Your L4 isn't ours. While the rare kid can compete L4 within a year (generally if they are older), most kids take 2-3 years to get to L4.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back