Parents L6 States Over, Done with Compulsories!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I love how the whole argument on that forum is, well she's not breaking any rules - blah, blah, blah. They are right, no rules are being broken but isn't there some ethical standard that those should strive for. I do believe that there are some ethical standards that this coach/gym is failing miserably at.

I personally, and I am only speaking for myself, would be embarassed if that were my child. To see her clean up shop at L6 States knowing that she is going onto 8. I mean if it were only 1 level behind, not so much, but 2. I can't blame the child, I'd like to think that she doesn't know any better, but all the adults involved shame on them, tisk-tisk. :rolleyes:

I know the whole argument. I actually started to post on the NJ.com gymnastics board but ended up hitting the delete button. They all want to celebrate this coach and girl yet they only have a handful of girls on their team! Where are their upper level girls? They are working with this one select group. What happens when their little bodies just crumble from all the pressure. I heard it is a military style gym. She has had no break in seasons, she was uptrained 2 levels above. But we already knew that from last yr at L4. Not to mention do any of them even make it to college gymnastics?

Granny

I love how the whole argument on that forum is, well she's not breaking any rules - blah, blah, blah. They are right, no rules are being broken but isn't there some ethical standard that those should strive for. I do believe that there are some ethical standards that this coach/gym is failing miserably at.

I personally, and I am only speaking for myself, would be embarassed if that were my child. To see her clean up shop at L6 States knowing that she is going onto 8. I mean if it were only 1 level behind, not so much, but 2. I can't blame the child, I'd like to think that she doesn't know any better, but all the adults involved shame on them, tisk-tisk. :rolleyes:

LOL, my favorite argument/reason for this happening (doing L6 states even though she placed high as a 7 & 8 in SAME meet) is that she wanted to compete with her friends. Yeah, right!

LOL, my favorite argument/reason for this happening (doing L6 states even though she placed high as a 7 & 8 in SAME meet) is that she wanted to compete with her friends. Yeah, right!

Gotta love that one. in that case, i am going to put Tess back into Level 5 next year so she can compete with HER friends. Also maybe she could do a FOURTH year as USAIGC Bronze level too!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back