Leotard fit (need help asap!)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymdog

Coach
I usually can fit in a size small in regular clothing but could get an AM in GK. I have a bunch of AS, but the most recent long sleeve ones have been mediums. AF has been known to be cut a little more generously, but it's hard to say, and I've never had a long sleeve style. The most important measurements is girth, then I'd go with chest, then hips. Use that priority to determine size. Don't go any smaller than the girth measurement, for sure, because the leo will not fit. But realistically don't go up like 3 sizes for chest measurement. My measurements are pretty true to the ratios they have, so I don't have much personal experience, but I'd say if you're getting AM in girth and something bigger in chest but you're average size, go no larger than AL. You may want a size up from the sleeveless fit because construction will be different, but use your discretion.

We are supposed to be ordering out comp. leos very soon. I am not sure on the brand we will be getting as they cut it down to the wire with our first comp. next month. I suspect it will be Adadis or Alpha Factor. I have never had either of these, I only have GK. The sizing charts do me no good at all as GK's has me wearing AS in some measurments and like 2XL's in others and all my GK leos are AM and fit how I'd like a comp. leo to fit. So in your experiences what would equal an AM in GK in Adadis and Alpha Factor? I had heard rumors that Adadis runs small so I may need an AL and Alpha Factor runs big so I may need an AS. Please help me!

Aerialriver

Adidas I have no experience with. But AF in AS pretty much fits like a GK AM, so that would probably be your best bet. With Adidas I'd check the fabrics - do you have foil leos from GK (they tend to be tighter)? If they fit well I think AM would be fine with Adidas, if they are pretty tight, go a size up.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back