Coaches Level 9 Bar routine

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

Bumblebee462

Okay coaches need your help. I have a level 9 that is afraid to do a Pirouette into her overshoot from high bar. She will go for the overshoot as long as it's not coming out of the Pirouette. Can you guys give me some suggestions for a bar routine? Thanks

If see can do both skills well enough that you think she can connect them.......

Well, maybe see doesn't share your opinion about her ability to do the skill. In any case the best remedy is more repetition and working to get the turn done while her center of mass is still over, or nearly over the bar.

Have you ever tried pirouette to clear hip with her? Consider working that as a drill to help her learn the control she seems to want after the pirouette.

If see can do both skills well enough that you think she can connect them.......

Well, maybe see doesn't share your opinion about her ability to do the skill. In any case the best remedy is more repetition and working to get the turn done while her center of mass is still over, or nearly over the bar.

Have you ever tried pirouette to clear hip with her? Consider working that as a drill to help her learn the control she seems to want after the pirouette.
Done ALL the above and more.

Mount on the high bar facing low, kip cast shootover, toe shoot up to high.

Or pirouette on low bar , jump to high, kip cast handstand blind 1/2 (need to finish above horizontal) kip cast shoot over.

My dd didn't like the pirouette to bail connection directly so she did a giant after the pirouette and then the bail. She lost the bonus but was able to successfully compete it. What about doing a swing half? Most of our level 9s do a swing half instead of a pirouette.

My dd didn't like the pirouette to bail connection directly so she did a giant after the pirouette and then the bail. She lost the bonus but was able to successfully compete it. What about doing a swing half? Most of our level 9s do a swing half instead of a pirouette.
hmmm something to think about i forgot about that thanks ... sorry new to coaching level 9's still weak in some areas ::laughs::

Well. tell us what she can do. Clearhip to H stand? blind? toe shoot to H stand? toe catch? Does she have a C dismount? Stalder? Then we can tell you what routine you can do.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back