Parents LVL 4 / LVL 5 Combined group

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ollieblueeyes

Proud Parent
Our gym just released the schedule for fall practice and they have combined lvl 4 and lvl 5 into one training group. Are the routines/skills that similar that it would make sense to have them practice together?

Most definitely. PLus it should allow those to work on l5 skills more easily when they are ready.
This is the answer I was hoping to hear. DD tends to pick up skills quickly and likes the challenge of new skills. She often has form issues that keep her from competing the skills she has. She was held back with the LVL 3 team this summer due to a sloppy ROBHS. Her first day with the new level 4s the coach had her demoing her front handspring for the girls that had been working them for 2 months. This blended group may be the best thing to happen to her! I have sensed an increase and focus and drive with the new group and I think its the promise of skills in the air!

Our gym has always combined these two levels, although this year even though they are calling it 4/5 group I don't think anyone is actually competing 5. Or at least according to DD they are only teaching L4 routines.

Our gym just released the schedule for fall practice and they have combined lvl 4 and lvl 5 into one training group. Are the routines/skills that similar that it would make sense to have them practice together?

Yes.......

Our gym has always combined these two levels, although this year even though they are calling it 4/5 group I don't think anyone is actually competing 5. Or at least according to DD they are only teaching L4 routines.
Our gym is in the same situation. We have 17 girls in the group. Only 4 of them competed Old L5 (all first year) and none of them have the tumbling skills to compete New 5. There are two that are getting close, so they MAY move up in January- but it is highly doubtful.

Of course, we do it all the time, they are all working towards the same goal, optionals.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back