lvl 6 bar question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

twoofthem

Would you rather see a cast to handstand and go over/miss the free hip or be safe and cast just high enough.
I know going over would be a fall but dd just got her cast handstand and spent some time yesterday trying to work it in. She was only making her free hip or not going over about half the time.
Her feet do come apart on her cast handstand some of the time. Her coach said she'd rather see her put the effort into the cast handstand and miss the free hip/fall than a safe cast.
Just wondering what others would think. I don't care what my dd scores on bars and I'm just happy for her because she is thrilled to have this skill.

Well, I would rather see BOTH the hs and the clear hip stay on the bar! ;-)
It depends on a lot of things. In workouts, sure the focus should be on the hs w great form & technique, and maybe in meets too if its early in the season. If you are getting closer to states, I might have her just cast to requirement so she does not tip it. It depends on a lot of things- keeping in mind coaches are looking for good team scores as well as progressing their athletes. Can she kip cast handstand or just cast to handstand from a front support?

Well, I would rather see BOTH the hs and the clear hip stay on the bar! ;-)
It depends on a lot of things. In workouts, sure the focus should be on the hs w great form & technique, and maybe in meets too if its early in the season. If you are getting closer to states, I might have her just cast to requirement so she does not tip it. It depends on a lot of things- keeping in mind coaches are looking for good team scores as well as progressing their athletes. Can she kip cast handstand or just cast to handstand from a front support?

She can kip cast to handstand. She has one more regularr meet, states, than lvl 7 training starts in June. Her coach asked her to come in early today to see it in her routine and see if it's something she can work well enough to compete it in states.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back