Parents Meet report . . . .

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

JessMom

Proud Parent
[youtube]PdmEZ6y_Q6s[/youtube]

well . . . I have to say this was the fastest meet I've ever been to. Start was on time and they just moved really fast! warm up was 7pm, start was 7:30 . . . we were walking out the front door (one of the last ones out) at 9:30 after posing for trophy pictures for about 30 minutes! LOL!

a few of the girls met at Wendy's ahead of time and they had a blast. it was cold, dark and rainy by the time we got to the gym.

We started on beam - thankfully - while they were wide awake . . . unfortunately the judge scored really low for our group - maybe because they were first? who knows - I may never understand scoring! LOL

As you may remember she hurt her foot last week and was off it all week. her jumps and leaps were "safe" but she got up on her toes and didn't fall off - whew ! 8.6

Then to floor - looked great! 9.1

vault. . . . dreaded vault . . . after her practice vaults the coach almost pulled her from the event . . . she started limping on her walk back and her run was getting slow and she was favoring her left foot . . being the video taping fool I am, I had no idea until the coach told me later! 8.0 . . . no complaints here!

Last was bars . . thankfully the event requires no weight on her foot! 8.74

The team took 2nd and the girls were on cloud nine . . . the parents went crazy! It was a lot of fun!

She insists it doesn't bother her at all except in vault. So now we wait and see what happens at practice tomorrow. If her problem is just vault I might get her a foot brace to wear. We need to have her growth plate checked . . . just in case.

Thanks for all the fairies . . they've all been thanked and sent back :D

Last edited:
She did great! Hope her foot feels better soon. I would probably err on the side of caution and get it checked out again.

She looks great and really is cute. Loved the video. :D Beam is hard to start on I think, too much energy, better 2nd or 3rd. :)

How cool that she got to meet a fellow YouTuber, Rachel. Awesome. We got to meet 2 YouTubers this season finally and it was cool. :)

Congrats to her on a great meet!! I hope the foot turns out to be nothing.

Great job! So glad that the foot injury didn't effect her too much and that she had a wonderful (and thankfully quick ---that's is a super late start time) meet. Way to go!

She looked awesome!

Who the heck was the big guy in the cheerleading outfit seen in the video while she was vaulting? Too Funny! I actually had to back the video up and look again. I thought my eyes were deceiving me..lol

She looked awesome! She did such a good job. I think everyone is having a great season so far!!

Who the heck was the big guy in the cheerleading outfit seen in the video while she was vaulting? Too Funny! l

I had to go back and watch that part of the video again to see what you were talking about. That is hilarious! I wonder if he lost some bet with his gymmies? Too funny!!

Jessica did GREAT! I just love watching her routines. She is absolutely adorable! I hope her foot gets better. I am glad she loved the gym shoes. I know several girls that use them for beam and swear by them.

I love to watch her! She is just so darn cute! She hits the prettiest body positions. Her dance really is great. Congrats on a job well done!!

Thanks everyone!

LOL!!! it was a football theme . . . that gym won first place for spirit!!!! both male coaches were all dressed up as cheerleaders.

I hear they do it every year . . . no other gym has a chance against THAT!!! :D

Her foot is SO much better. She's going all out on everything this week and there is no sign of limping! THANK GOODNESS!!!! Next meet is this Sunday - fingers crossed!

Great job! Isn't the video camera great sometimes? You dont always know when something is going wrong!

She is adorable! Love the photos at the end!

beautiful! I love how her little ponytail bounces around just a little bit when she jumps!
I thought bars was great...very close to a 9...and her floor dance and end tumbling pass are just lovely! Congrats to her and glad it was quick;)and fun!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back