WAG more floor music L4 and up

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 18037

My daughter is currently Level 4/Xcel Silver. She has floor music.

Trying to be proactive. Next year she will be Level 5 and Xcel. At what USAG Level do they get custom floor.

I am trying to budget and decide, do we keep current floor music for another year or 2 or start thinking about Changing music.

How often does music change? What is the music life span?

Thanks LDW

As for the other parts of your question:you will need to ask you HC how they work as far as switching music. Some gyms keep the music and routines for two years and just change up the skills. You have some that switch every year. My gym switches every two years. You don't want them to get bored with the music. Some gyms also recycle music meaning a lower\new optional may get music that an upper optional had a few years before. Again you need to ask your HC.

Xcel any level can have their own music it depends on what the coach decides. In the past for bronze and silver it was cheaper for the coach to have at least three to four choices of music and let the girls pick from them . They got a beginning and a ending and the middle of the routine was tailored to fit each girls skill level. You can work that out with your coach. Some may ask for a nominal fee or some won't ask for anything. If you have a large team some work as I have described if small they can be totally different. My daughter coaches XCEL and she did it both ways.

thank you all, that helps. some things to think about. This is her second year of Xcel, up a level, so skills have been changed, music the same. I dont't believe our gym had a hard fast rule on when music changes.

NYS does 3 states at lower levels one being Early States in Jan, so that is what we do, then to Xcel season.

So next year will be her last at Early States, in Jan she will transition to level 5/Xcel So that would be her third year with this music. Which I thonk is the way to go.

Then the following year change for Xcel, she will have time to get used to it, for a few months and use it for level 6 and at least another year after that.

I would rather keep her an extra year now. because I think her maturity and skills will grow tons on the next couple of years. I think what she would pick now, will be very different, 18-24 months from now

again, thanks for the input

Yep our gym does JO and Xcel, we used to do IGC as well.

And Xcel they have their own music for Silver and whatever the lower level is (Copper or Bronze, sorry get confused with IGC) as well.

Our silvers have the same routine (tumble passes differ a little) with the same music. Our gold have different music and routines.

All our girls get their own floor in Xcel, even Bronze. I know some gyms do one routine for training. But since most of our girls do JO and then Xcel, Xcel is their chance to have it their way :)

All our girls get their own floor in Xcel, even Bronze. I know some gyms do one routine for training. But since most of our girls do JO and then Xcel, Xcel is their chance to have it their way :)

Sorry not too clear. I know some gyms use the same music and routine basics. Easier for the coach to keep track of what the team is doing and make corrections etc....

Since our girls are doing JO compulsories. The coach uses the independent floors for more of a personal growth thing and fun. They get to pick their music, it is much more on them to remember their routines, so it makes them personally accountable. They get to show off their own styles. Skills/tumbling are somewhat the same. So they all will do BHS and such. So they all still kind of track/train/warm up together but with some of their fun and style.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back