National Anthem

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

vagymmomma

Proud Parent
Sad news about Whitney Houston - we play her version of the National Anthem at all our home meets. We had been discussing a change after this season just to try something different. It's pretty hard to bit Whitney, but I'm curious what version/type other gyms use. I've seen live performances, a string quartet and various recordings -- any favorites or recommendations? RIP Whitney.

No anthems of any kind at our meets.

Here they play always play it at the first session of the meet. Often others too but not always. Its wierd how things are difference across Canada.
And it depends on the meet here. It is usually a really a really old version that you can't really hear. Or at one meet they always have some of their girls get together and sing it, part English part French.

I have no idea what version we use. Honestly? We pick one that goes fast--love the National Anthem, but we are always tight on time, so we go with a quick version to make sure we finish on time!

I've heard all different versions. And it's interesting to read on gymnasticscoaching.com that she was lip synching that famed version.

Ours, and all the meets we go to is always live... not always good, but always live. Usually sung by a kid who fancies him/herself a singer. I think it's nice to give kids the opportunity to perform in front of an audience.

Pickle's gym plays a recorded instrumental version that "goes fast" as well, but a lot of gyms around here let one of the girls (or even a local choir) sing it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back