New Member Mom of 3

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I just heard about this site from a fellow parent . I have 2 level 3s and a level 2 girl. My oldest (9) is competing at her first meet in a couple weeks. Her 7 year old sister is being assessed for level 3 on Tuesday (and will easily make it). My 6 year old is joining the pre-team on Tuesday.

Currently we are in Alexandria, VA, but we are a military family so next summer we are moving to Shreveport, LA. Does anybody have any tips to make the transition to a new area/new gym easier?

Michelle

Welcome to the Chalkbucket. SOunds like you have your hands full with your 3 gymmies. I have two girls in the gym who are 13 and 10. Though we are in Quebec and use a very different system than the USAG one.

As for a gym move, like for school, do your research before you go. Check clubs online, check out the driving times and email possible clubs with questions. When you actually move go and visit the gyms to see how you like the overall feeling. When you have narrowed it down some more then ask for an evaluation and some trial lessons.

Be prepared for other gyms to be very different, it seems that every club has it's own standards and ideals. Though you may only have one gym to choose from and it won't be a problem!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back