WAG Old Competition Leo?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We are getting a new competition leotard this year. Many people took the old one and cut off the sleeves. It looks great, and stops us from sweating so much in the summer. I tried this once and completely ruined the leotard. Do any of you wise people have any tips before I ruin a second one? :)

I don't really know any professionals in my area. Even if I could find one, I don't think the cost would be worth it, considering the Leo is a little old.

You could probably have it done for $10. To me, if the leo is nice enough to save, it's worth that but you might not agree or your area economics might be different from mine. Good luck and if you go at it yourself, good luck with getting a good finished product! :)

Is there a Mom at your gym that sews. You might be able to offer like $10 to her do the conversion. Have you asked the other girls how they did it?

Yes. They told me they cut the sleeves off at the seam. I don't know if I just had abnormally big arm holes, or if I did something wrong.

IF you were to do it yourself, cut the SLEEVE right after the armhole seam, not the main body of the leotard. It won't be super pretty but you will definitely need that seam to stabilize the armhole area. If you have any sewing ability at all, cut it about 1/2-1" outside the armhole seam (again, the sleeve, NOT the Leo!) and then hem that (fold sleeve fabric to the inside and stitch down). If not, cut the sleeve close to the seam and leave that seam raw.
Is it how I would do it as a seamstress..? No, but it will work in a pinch and should allow you to keep using the Leo. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back