Coaches Ordering Leos

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymRays

Coach
Proud Parent
When is best to order competition leos so they will arrive in plenty of time for a comp season that typically starts in Nov- Dec? We have had issues the last couple years with getting them on time since the people in charge of ordering waited too late. However, I'm in a position now where I have a bit more say in this and plan on taking the lead. I want to order early but not so early that the girls may grow too much and end up up with a brand new too small Leo :). I also want to avoid their peak busy ordering time so our order isnt delayed extensively too. We are going through GK. They will be stock comp leos not special custom order.

Well... In the past, we have ordered in September and they were late.
Therefore, I would suggest mid-August to end of August.

Leo's are stretchy though, so they shouldn't really grow out of them within a year?

DD's old club insist competition leo's are "competition fit"- no wrinkles or creases anywhere. When we bought DD hers it fitted exactly, but she was still wearing it 3 years later, perfectly wearable.

Neither of mine have ever grown out of a leo in less than 3 or 4 years, Some of them seem to have unlimited stretch and keep on going....DD still has some she bought when she started at 7, that she wears now, at 12.

I'd order sooner rather than risk being late.

Leo's are stretchy though, so they shouldn't really grow out of them within a year?

DD's old club insist competition leo's are "competition fit"- no wrinkles or creases anywhere. When we bought DD hers it fitted exactly, but she was still wearing it 3 years later, perfectly wearable.

Neither of mine have ever grown out of a leo in less than 3 or 4 years, Some of them seem to have unlimited stretch and keep on going....DD still has some she bought when she started at 7, that she wears now, at 12.

I'd order sooner rather than risk being late.
Not all leos stretch equally.
A few years ago, GK came in with nylon sizers for our new competition leotards.
According to the rep, YG needed a Child Medium. I was pushing for a Child large. She "showed" that the Child Large was too big, so the CM was ordered. The competition leotards were mystique and pieced together.
It was tight from the start. By the end of the season, it was way too small - wore it for 30 minutes, then I had to literally peel it off her (and it left marks). 2 months later, she wore a borrowed leotard two sizes bigger (AXS) for a meet. It fit her fine... and it was the size she wore the next season too (although she could have gotten away with the Child Large both years).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back