Parents Perfecting basics in compulsories or rushing through compulsories to get to optionals?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmom8772

Proud Parent
I've been hearing and reading different opinions on this matter. Some feel compulsories don't matter and it's more important to not waste valuable time and to rush to get to optionals while others feel it's important to take the time in compulsories to learn solid basics for higher levels. What is your opinion?

I would say both. Great basics and don't waste too much time in compulsories. I don't think having one means you can't have the other. But I guess it depends on what you mean by basics.

During compulsories our gym focuses on basics, meaning proper positions, strength, flexibility, good form, being square and the perfect roundoff. But for those girls that are capable, getting through compulsories and onto optionals without spending too much time is also a goal.

What gets left by the wayside is the text of the compulsory routines like making sure your hands are perfectly positioned or your foot or eyes are facing the right direction.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back