Positives to repeating level 4...bring it on!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

If hubby is competetive he should love her repeating L4....she'll do very well! Especially with coaching she's going to get at the new gym:D!

That is what I tried to tell him, but I think he sees it as me not letting her move "forward" instead of looking at the positives. I told him he needs to go watch at the new gym and give it a chance. I told him a plus is that hopefully he won't hear me complaining about the gym all the time. LOL.

That is what I tried to tell him, but I think he sees it as me not letting her move "forward" instead of looking at the positives. I told him he needs to go watch at the new gym and give it a chance. I told him a plus is that hopefully he won't hear me complaining about the gym all the time. LOL.
I think hubby will change his tune at her 1st meet;)(if not before that hopefully!). As others have said, since she knows the routines already, she can focus on form & polish and making friends! She will have so much more self-confidence & that will come thru in her performance. Think about when you watch a meet. You can tell the difference between one "who can do the skills" & "one who owns the skills", if you know what I mean. You know, the ones who can make a compulsory routine look like it was choreographed just for them. That's the kind of polish Abby will get repeating L4(especially now that she will be having consistant coaching & dance class). I'm all about gymmies having good self esteem. This should be fun for them, especially at Abby's young age. Struggling thru a level, just to be able to say you are "such & such a level", is not neccessarily the best thing mentally for these kids. And I think it leads to a lot of girls just giving up the sport they love. Some kids like to just learn new skills & progress no matter what, some like to polish all skills at a level & have success with them, prior to moving(that's my DD;)). Gymnastics is an individual sport & each child needs to move up based on what is best for them individually. I think repeating L4, at the new gym will be great for Abby. She can learn to focus on polish, form & making new friends and do some up training. Without the pressure of mastering new skills & routines to compete next season. There's PLENTY of time for that in the future:). Good luck! You're still in an adjustment stage right now. I think hubby will come around when he sees all the positives shining thru!

I'm chiming in late but just wanted to say how happy I am that everything is working out so well. It sounds like you are definitely in the right gym and Abby is adjusting nicely.

Isn't it great to have a happy gymie:) It's just amazing to me how with these young girls, when they struggle in one area, it seems to affect everything in their lives....and when they're happy, it's all good:D Enjoy the good times to come, it goes by way to fast!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back