Question about Lev 8 floor passes?--need a judge or someone who knows to answer??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter has been given mixed opinions from her coaches as to what she should do for her tumbling passes in her Level 8 floor routine.

She is doing:

a front tuck through to a ro handspring full
a front handspring front pike(or layout)
and a roundoff handspring full at the end

Is it better that she does the two fulls? or should she change one to a layout?

My daughter has been given mixed opinions from her coaches as to what she should do for her tumbling passes in her Level 8 floor routine.

She is doing:

a front tuck through to a ro handspring full
a front handspring front pike(or layout)
and a roundoff handspring full at the end

Is it better that she does the two fulls? or should she change one to a layout?

My gymmie is doing 2 fulls in her L8 routine(she's really one of those 8/9 kids). The coach wanted to challenge her as much as she could within the new COP. She does not do both fulls out of a ro-hs though. 1st. tumbling pass is a fhs-front pike, then ro-whip-full and last pass is a ro-hs-full.

I'm sure you'll get some good coach opinions posted soon!

yeah if you are trying to get a good score that would be fine.but you have to make sure that the last full is clean otherwise there is no point in doing it because of so much deduction

She would not get credit at all for the last full, as she is doing it in the exact same connection as the other full . In order to be considered "different" there must be a different element either immediately before or after the full (for example, doing one full from a backhandspring, and one from a whip.)

I would also think there might be a slight comp[osition deducation for having 2 fulls, even if they are considred different by adding different skill.

She would not get credit at all for the last full, as she is doing it in the exact same connection as the other full . In order to be considered "different" there must be a different element either immediately before or after the full (for example, doing one full from a backhandspring, and one from a whip.)

You have the right idea for most connections, but the application is a little off here. The front tuck step-out in the first pass makes it a different pass and therefore allowable.

If you did, say, RO BHS 1/1 and RO BHS BHS 1/1, the second full would not count. However, "with the addition or deletion of salto elements ... the series (will) be considered different for the counting of Value Parts" (JO Code, p. 217). Look at the 2/1 example in the Code (also on p. 217).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back