Anon Rest or practice as normal before state meet?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A

Anonymous (a3ff)

Curious what’s best practice for gymnasts prepping before state meets?

Do you cram in privates on top of practices to fix those .05 deductions? Do you practice as normal? Or do you take some rest days a few days out before a big meet?

Our last couple practices before every meet are light. Many times they will have a full day of rest before a meet too.

You want your athletes to be fully rested and full of energy going into meets.

This is for L8-10. Lower levels just practice as normal. We don’t do privates as we found them to be a very big distraction to our program.

generally, dd didn't have practice the day before her meets. Usually it was just the result of the practice schedule but there were times when we chose to keep her home from practice the day before.

We usually do normal practice except for floor, floor usually we just do dance through and passes separately. At my old gym we always did all full routines.

The only thing we usually do differently before meets is instead of conditioning, we will have a chance to go back to any events that we want to make sure are perfect to compete, and then usually stretch or visualize our routines.

We do full routines on all events every practice the week of the meet. Very little to no conditioning so we can fit all 4 events in. I personally like having the day off before the meet (this works out this year because I don't train Fridays and most of the meets are Saturdays/Sundays). The level 7s and 8s have Friday practice and most like it even for a Saturday meet.

Focus on reps and clean routines, not conditioning and power. Take a day of rest (no Friday/Saturday practice).

We have normal practices but with much lighter conditioning before a meet, no different for state.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News