Parents The KIP fairy came to NJ

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Finally, my daughter got her kip. She first got it on Halloween (but I didn't have my camera) but then when they did after that she was not successful. She is currently competing level 4 so they do not do them much (maybe once a week). Anyway, she did a private the other day with her favorite coach as she was missing her since she doesn't coach her anymore and she got it back. I thought they actually looked pretty good for her first kips. Afters she got it with her, she made everyone one (probably at least 8) that she tried. I hope that she has the feeling down now and can work on cleaning it up.

I was so happy as of the 11 girls on her team, only 4 did not have their kip and she was one of them. Maybe it paid off her being one of the last to get it, as her form seems to be much better than those that got it earlier. Many of them are still struggling with really bent arms.

Here is link to her first kips!

YouTube - ThreeGirlsMom's Channel

Oh and ignore the crazy, screaming Mom in the background (me). LOL

Dawn

Ahhh another Jersey girl! I checked out that kip & it looks awesome & will be a great thing to have early for L5! Some of our L5's still don't have it and some can only do the muscle up kip. I recognized that coach from local meets, always loved her funky hair! My DD's gym is right around the corner from where you did your Acorn meet in Edison. Good luck this season, looks like she will have a great L4 season!

Ooh, Abby and I saw that earlier today on YouTube and were impressed! Beautiful form already!!! :D Congrats to her.

Congrats to your DD. Such a tough skill. I think that was DD's happiest day in the gym when she got her kip. Have a great season.

I agree - Val does have some funky hair but she is the sweetest. She is all bark and no bite LOL. My daughter just loves her. If you don't mind me asking what gym are you with? I don't know much of the gyms in NJ. We are at Paramount but it is literally 7 minutes from my house so it is SOO convenient.

Wow! Congratulations! Kipping in level 4 is so awesome so she will have some time to work at it and clean it up for level 5!

(I know it says coach, i'm also a mom to a level 5- 10 yrs. and a level 6- 12 yrs.)

Thanks everyone. I am so glad that she got it early too! As a reward for getting her kip, her coach let her start learning a flyaway utilizing the low bar so that she could get the feel for the rotation. She came out of the gym with a smile that reached from ear to ear! She has started getting some of her level 5 skills but still has a long way to go before next year. Generally, bars is her best event. She still has a long way to go in the flexibiilty area and general form clean up. She only started gymnastics in February 2008 and she is not a flexible kid so we try to work a little every night that she doesn't have practice to help improve her flexibility.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back