USA Gym - Handstand World Record

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

vagymmomma

Proud Parent
I saw an ad in the latest USA Gymnastics magazine about the handstand world record attempt on National Gymnastics Day. I can't find a lot of information on the USA-gym website. Does anyone belong to a gym that has received additional information? It looks like there's an affiliation with Children's Miracle Network, so I'm thinking there might be some monetary contribution associated with participating. The first question from gym families will be "how much".

I love the idea of the girls being apart of a world record and the idea of a charitable tie-in, but I'd appreciate any additional details. Thanks!

I think I saw info somewhere on the usag website, but I don't remember where exactly. Our gym is participating. I believe you can make it as simple or as extensive as you want it to be and the Children's Miracle Network is optional.

Look under National Gymnastics Day on the USAG website for more info . Every year, gyms all over the country advertise National Gymnastics Day in various ways. Many gyms host fundraisers and the money is for Childrens Miracle Network, which USAG is a sponser of. There are individual and team prizes to the top fundraisers/ gyms. There is no monetary contribution to the handstand world record portion of this day. It's simply a fun world record setting attempt that raises awareness and draws attention to the sport!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back