Vault procedures

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I know this sounds stupid, but where do you salute after vaulting? I'm still doing handstand fall flat, (I know, lame) so should I salute when I'm sitting on the mat or after I've got off? :confused:

P.S. Could somebody help me understand/get this forum?? I don't even know if I've even posted this in the right place.. :eek:

after you get down from the mat stack you turn to the judges and salute.

You'll see some other gymnasts sit up, turn their torsos, and salute before getting off the mat. Do not do this. It does not incur a deduction as far as I know but it looks like you are rising from the coffin. (That's what my coach says, anyway)

As a judge, it really doesn't matter. I have seen kids stand up on the vault stack and salute, or climb off and then salute. We're not going to take a deduction as long as you do it.

Ask your coach. In our state the girls sit up and salute per the judges preference to save time.

Yeah we discourage the climbing off the mat stack (I'm almost sure I'm in the same state as NTO, though, just to clarify). Plus, the kids forget by the time they climb down. Either way is allowed by all the clarifications I've seen.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back