WAG Vault Struggles

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymDad74

Proud Parent
Judge
Hi everyone, my daughter is a Level 6 gymnast her in South Australia and what is holding her back is her vault…

Everything seems to be technically pretty good but she just lacks power off of the board onto the table and thus her block is compromised.

Does anyone know of some drills she can do at home to really practice hitting the board hard and with power…

Any tips would be greatly appreciated…
Cheers

At our gym be do push up blocks down the track and we all go into a plank hollow position and but our feet on a pommel horse and just block also fly springs on track. Also pop handstands on a panel mat or push up pops.

She is 11, and the vault in question is a handspring to feet…

She struggles to get the power off of the board, often translating to having to bend her arms to get the propulsion off of the table….
if we, I say we, but if I tried I’d do myself a pretty decent injury 😂,. If we can get that more powerful launch off the board, bingo all would be good .

Thank you for all your help so far… 😀

The board strike needs to be powerful and sharp... so knees up high and crush the board hard. Make sure the legs / feet are striking the board down and forward.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back