MAG Workout wear at your son’s gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

Blythe24

Proud Parent
Just wondering what your boys typically wear to practice?

At my boys’ gym, it t-shirts and shorts. The WAG athletes are all in leos (obviously).

I’ve followed a gym in Russia on IG (they have some amazing young guys training there), but what I notice is that all the boys wear singlets and gym shorts when they train. I have to admit, it makes it look more “serious”, like the WAG girls do. The MAG team boys at our gym all look like Rec kids in casual workout clothes.

Here’s the IG account: https://instagram.com/rassvetgym?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

I think I like the more polished look of singlets / gym shorts, and I wonder if it would have a (positive) psychological effect on my boys if their gym did the same.

What do y’all think?

At the same gym, while the boys are in singlets, ( which look great) the girls are mostly in leggings, compression shorts and sports bras. I like seeing women gymnasts in regular workout clothes instead of only leotards. The guys look great and I’m ok as long as they are in compression tops and are safe on the equipment it’s fine.

Compression shirts, shorts, pommel pants.

at college: Pommel pants/shorts.

I think that sounds great, but not many parents are willing to fork over the money to have enough singlets for 5-6 days a week. We had some for a while, but then he got bigger.

His gym used to do "meet clothes Monday" or something like that, and that day they would wear full gear.

Boys are in shorts and tee shirts. My son always wears compression shirts and because, as a former WAG gymnast, I cannot tolerate shirts flipping up during skills! He also has his long hair back in a little boy bun. It was funny when he was in level 3 because the routine had a headstand so he had to wear pigtails! The older girls at our gym usually wear Leo’s and tight-fitting shorts. Little girls sometimes skip the shorts. We are in the Uber casual PNW where wearing jeans counts as dressing up.

My sons started wearing stirrup pants for practice on those events when they were in optionals. Otherwise, T-shirts and shorts were pretty much the rule. Girls wear a mix.

Our boys are asked to wear sleeveless tops and shorts - some wear compression tanks which look nicer, but most commonly the tank undershirts which at least appear to stay snug enough to not flip up.

T-shirts and shorts or just shorts. They wear fairly tight shirts or compression style shirts.

I coach recreational beginner - L4 boys. Our boys wear T shirts and athletic shorts, but I'm thinking about requesting the L2s+ start wearing compression or tighter shirts because it's been difficult to correct shaping during skills, occasionally it's harder to spot when shirts flip up, plus it's annoying that they spend so much time tucking their shirts back in.

We are in the Uber casual PNW where wearing jeans counts as dressing up.
I have worn jeans to a few funerals (2020-2023) and some weddings (1986-2009). I live in Ohio, and whenever we have to dress up, first option is always jeans (dark wash or black). I even put on footwear that aren't crocs with several jibbets, lol. Footwear option 1 is a pair of black slides/mules that are tennis shoes. Option 2 is a pair of black booties. Option 3 is my black hiking boots. Option 4 is my black combat boots.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back