The floor music reccomendation thread

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My dd used an instrumental version of Aerials by System Of A Down for her music this year.It was different to say the least but got peoples attention after having to listen to song after song that sounded almost the same

OverClocked Remix has released (for free!) it's latest album:

Humans + Gears: Xenogears ReMixed - An OverClocked ReMix Album

There are a couple of great tracks to do routines to. I especially recommend "Of Sea and Fire" and "Binary Chain"; one of my girls used an earlier draft of "Of Sea and Fire" last year.

(I also have a track on the project, dedicated to my students, but it likely wouldn't work as routine music)

Last edited:
I am in love with the Baba yetu remix!! i really would like tpo use it as my floor music... is there any way i can hear it cropped to like 1:25 and without words? and if i were to purchase it, would there be a way to get it before paying for it to assure my coach will approve?

I am in love with the Baba yetu remix!! i really would like tpo use it as my floor music... is there any way i can hear it cropped to like 1:25 and without words? and if i were to purchase it, would there be a way to get it before paying for it to assure my coach will approve?

That one? Never occurred to me that anybody might want to use that particular one as floor music. Right now my computer's broken, but once I get it fixed I'll see what I can do for you.

I assume you'd be mainly using the rock section? Or do you want the acoustic section as well?

EDIT: Also, that one's free.

EDIT: OCR has released it's latest compilation album, Serious Monkey Business (directed by yours truly). It has a lot of tracks which could make for awesome routine music. I recommend you check out "Sturm und Kong," "It's a Jungle out There," "Welcome to the Funky House," "Roller Disco" (one of our level 9 girls used this one this year), "Paleolithic Park," "Rhumba Rumble," "Dance of the Zinger," and "Castle Crescendo."

Last edited:
My dd is starting to think about new floor music. She'd like a medium tempo and she wants something dramatic, but fun. :rolleyes: Any ideas? This is one that I came up with "YouTube - Floor Music Black Machine"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjWgxGmkClY[/URL]

Her preference for music style is latin though. I'm thinking maybe a tango with some lighter bits mixed in. Maybe a mambo? I told her if she identified what she was looking for, I'd find a few choices for her. I didn't expect her specifications to be so narrow and hard to find though.

Last edited:
That one? Never occurred to me that anybody might want to use that particular one as floor music. Right now my computer's broken, but once I get it fixed I'll see what I can do for you.

I assume you'd be mainly using the rock section? Or do you want the acoustic section as well?

EDIT: Also, that one's free.

EDIT: OCR has released it's latest compilation album, Serious Monkey Business (directed by yours truly). It has a lot of tracks which could make for awesome routine music. I recommend you check out "Sturm und Kong," "It's a Jungle out There," "Welcome to the Funky House," "Roller Disco" (one of our level 9 girls used this one this year), "Paleolithic Park," "Rhumba Rumble," "Dance of the Zinger," and "Castle Crescendo."

I really love the beginning part, and then somehow into the rock part and if it is possible, could the rock part be not as heavy? It seemed really crazy loud on my home speakers. I'm going to check out those other songs too right now.

I recommend youtube because its so easy to find your favorite songs made into floor music! All you need to do is search on youtube "floor music ima be" for example and a lot of 1:30 clips will come up!

I really love the beginning part, and then somehow into the rock part and if it is possible, could the rock part be not as heavy? It seemed really crazy loud on my home speakers. I'm going to check out those other songs too right now.

When would you need it?

My studio computer is currently out of commission, but once I get it fixed I may be able to put something together for you.

Well, I would need it before the end of the summer. If it's possible just to send me a copy of the song I can put it on a cd and show the whole thing to my coach and she can help choose which parts to keep and send it into the person who does our teams music.

Recommendations

Hi all! I apoligize if this question for a recommendation was asked already, but there is just too many posts to look through to find it! Anyway, I have exactly two weeks to pick music and create my own floor routine for my school team. I am looking for upbeat music that is fun to dance to. I am totally lost and confused with all of this, as this is my first time making my own routine and picking music. If anyone has any good creative songs for school meets please share!!

Hi all! I apoligize if this question for a recommendation was asked already, but there is just too many posts to look through to find it! Anyway, I have exactly two weeks to pick music and create my own floor routine for my school team. I am looking for upbeat music that is fun to dance to. I am totally lost and confused with all of this, as this is my first time making my own routine and picking music. If anyone has any good creative songs for school meets please share!!

Any particular style you want? I can give you a few recomendations.

Umm... I think I would like something that is NOT classical. I want one of those awesome songs that you just need to dance too, but not too crazy. I am NOT a big fan of jazz music either, so maybe I would prefer something along the lines of pop/rock. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Something like the song explosive is what I am looking for. Someone on my team already has that song though, but that is the style I like. I also don't like country, hehe I am very picky!

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm... I think I would like something that is NOT classical. I want one of those awesome songs that you just need to dance too, but not too crazy. I am NOT a big fan of jazz music either, so maybe I would prefer something along the lines of pop/rock. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Something like the song explosive is what I am looking for. Someone on my team already has that song though, but that is the style I like. I also don't like country, hehe I am very picky!

Have you heard any other stuff by Bond (the band that did Explosive)? A lot of their stuff is great for routines -- I especially reccomend Gypsy Rhapsody and Duel.

I'm a bit pressed for time at the moment, but next time I get a chance to sign on I'll see if I can pull together some other recommendations

OMG I love Gypsy Rhapsody!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!! Thanks you soooo much!! I am so exicted to use it!! I can't thank you enough!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Hi again... I am trying out for empire state games at the end of may and I would like a new routine by then. If you're computer is giving you trouble, I'm sure the person who edits everyones music can do it. I just need a link of the music sent to me.
Thank you so much.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back