Gymnastics Club Name??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

8ccuster

Hi, me and my co-worker were wanting to open a gym, we live in Hays, Kansas. I dont think that any one really knows where that is, but if you could give us some ideas for gym names that would be great!! Thanks!

All the gyms we've belonged to had names related to the location. There's a gym in Nor-Cal named gymfinity which sounds kinda cool. Let's see, we've been to meets at Technique, Flips, The Gym, Ariels, Airborne, Gymcats. There's one in So Cal called Kips. Oh actually the first gym we ever went to used to be called Station One Athletics, but now it's called Pacific something or other. I think you could call it anything that had meaning to you.Just tack gymnastics onto it.

I like simple names like "Slife's Gymnastics Academy" or "North County Gymnastics" or "Tri-City Twisters".

I also like the concept of having a separate name for the preschool. For example, "North County Gymnastics & the Gyminny Kids" or "Racine Gymnastics Academy & the Peppermint Preschool".

gym name

Not to give away my dream but i always told myself if i ever owned a gym it would be called "HIGH ENERGY GYMNASTICS". Good luck in your name search Don

How about Fantastic Gymnastics? Of course, if I ever win the lottery and can quit my regular job and open a gym this is the name I am using :)

Hays Hi-Flippers
Hays Hi-Flyers

Or you could use your last names, like Anderson Smith Gymnastics.

OMG! I was just going to throw out my suggestion "Flippers & Flyers" gym (FFG) but I see Shawn had the same thoughts, LOL

When thinking about gym names I was advised to steer clear of putting your name in the title. Remember, one day you want to retire from the business and will probably want to sell it. Having your name in the title makes it more difficult for the gym to live on once you've moved on.

I too used a regional attribute for my gym.

Check out the USAG clubs roster or some of the regional or state club sites. You can see a lot of club names that are already out there.

You can take 5 routes:

1. name it by location
ex- Hays Gymnastics Club, Hays Gymnastics Academy, Kansas Gymnastics Academy, Midwest Institute of Gymnastics...

2. name it by location but add an adj.
ex- Kansas Elite Gymnastics, Hays Olympic Academy, Hays All-Amerian Gymnastics Center, Midwest Elite Gymnastics Club, Kansas Twisters,...

3. name it by the owner's name
ex- (Wright's---existing club, enter your own name) Gymnastics, BlahBlah's Gymnastics Academy, Jones Gymnastics Club...

4. gymnastics name (general...including USA, adj, gymnastics words)
ex- Paramount Gymnastics, Stars Gymnastics Club, American Academy, Olympic Dreams...

5. cutsie name
ex- Flip and Twist Gymnastics Center, Tumble Bugs Gymnastics Club, Perfect10n Gymnastics Academy, USA Dreams Institute of Gymnastics, Flippers USA

*I hope this helped...

In spite of my earlier suggestion, I tend to take gyms more seriously when they don't have cutsie names. I also don't like "olympic" in a name unless it is valid (ie. the owner was an Olympian, the gym has produced Olympic athletes, etc). Also, you should consider that the gym name may be shorted when listed for meets, etc. So make sure the "short" version of whatever you choose is acceptable. For example, you wouldn't want to use Franklin's Athletic Training because it could be listed as F.A.T.

Used your advice, Synergy Gymnastics in North Liberty Iowa is almost open Gymnastics, Tumbling, Trampoline & Birthday Parties.
Thanks.

We used to live in North Liberty, IA. In fact my DD took a mommy and me gymnastics class and my DS took Taekwondo there. I cannot remember the name of the place though. It was a recreation center of some sort. It may have actually been considered to be in Coralville. Any ideas of what place I am talking about? This was about 10 years ago. Good luck with your gym!! BTW..I love the name!!

Used your advice, Synergy Gymnastics in North Liberty Iowa is almost open Gymnastics, Tumbling, Trampoline & Birthday Parties.
Thanks.

Just thought I would let you know. I am looking at your website and it looks cool. But you might want to check the spelling in some areas. Like these

Our program offers verity of classes I'm guessing you are trying to put - variety
Watch your kids grow into Happy, Phisicaly fit and responsible young individuals. - physically.

These are just on the main page so I know it would probably not look very well to some.

We used to live in North Liberty, IA. In fact my DD took a mommy and me gymnastics class and my DS took Taekwondo there. I cannot remember the name of the place though. It was a recreation center of some sort. It may have actually been considered to be in Coralville. Any ideas of what place I am talking about? This was about 10 years ago. Good luck with your gym!! BTW..I love the name!!

Probably Iowa Gym-Nest

Just thought I would let you know. I am looking at your website and it looks cool. But you might want to check the spelling in some areas. Like these

Our program offers verity of classes I'm guessing you are trying to put - variety
Watch your kids grow into Happy, Phisicaly fit and responsible young individuals. - physically.

These are just on the main page so I know it would probably not look very well to some.

Noted and corrected. Thank you.
Second language barrier... will have to have parents on the team to spell check it for us. :)

Too bad there's already a Twisters, since you do live in the land of Oz ;). Is there a Sunflower Gym in Kansas? I like the idea of tying it to location.
:eek: Never mind.....just realized this is 3 YEARS old!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back