Off Topic Smoking

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

aerialriver

Coach
Gymnast
Uck. I just started a new job at an ALLERGY and ASTHMA clinic and the doctor smokes all day! Who smokes anymore? So gross! And at an allergy snd asthma clinic for godssake! Disgusting! Is this still common in the workplace (small business)? Im still searching gor a new job as my own asthma can't handle this plus the lady is nasty mean and degrading.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using ChalkBucket mobile app

Is there no way to avoid the doctor smoking? They can't legally smoke inside a building there, can they? Here, they even have regulations about how far away from a building's entrance smokers can hang out and smoke, so as not to bother people going in and out.

Its her building. I really don't know. She also does not allow any breaks (8+hours) but from what ive read on FL law she does not have to. I am SO hungry and run down after 8 hours! Plus she stuffs her face all day. I hate the job market.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using ChalkBucket mobile app

What you are being subjected to is illegal. Call your local labor board. Discuss with them how you need the job job etc. They may be able to protect your income.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using ChalkBucket mobile app

Is there no way to avoid the doctor smoking? They can't legally smoke inside a building there, can they? Here, they even have regulations about how far away from a building's entrance smokers can hang out and smoke, so as not to bother people going in and out.

Even if they aren't exposed to the smoke from the cigarette, the residue left in clothing/hair can cause problems especially for people who clearly have breathing problems. That's why people are advised not to cosleep with babies when they smoke, because it's a known risk factor for SIDs. The residue is called "third hand smoke" now and it reacts with the air in a carcinogenic way.

What allergy/asthma patient would see a doctor who smokes? That's just plain CRAZY! My dad smoked all my life, and that smell is everywhere. My dd and I are both asthmatic and very sensitive to smoke and avoid people/places that "smell".

I also think its illegal to not allow any break during an 8 hour shift!

I can't believe a doctor smokes at an asthma clinic, that's totally crazy!! You need to clarify those labour laws. No breaks and smoking in a workplace are both illegal here. If it is legal where you are to not allow breaks, then your law is crazy too! In the meantime, you could try sipping up'n'go during the day to keep you going. Surely she can't not allow you anything to drink all day as well.

I just started a new job at an ALLERGY and ASTHMA clinic and the doctor smokes all day!

OK...what...where are you getting new customers from? That has to be the worst advertising ever.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back