Beam Mounts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Last year I did the level 6 USAG mount for my beam routine. This year, I'd really like something more interesting and unique. Probably a lot more challenging, too :). Anyways, I'd just like to know if anyone's got some ideas.

Um Im a level 8 too =] I do like the level 6 mount then I kinda do like the flair sorta? Like the men do on the pommel horse? I do that 3/4 then im like on front support on the beam and i cast and do a squat on. I've seen someone do a cast handstand on youtube. many people do splits or straddles just youtube beam mounts theres a lot of original ones!

Um Im a level 8 too =] I do like the level 6 mount then I kinda do like the flair sorta? Like the men do on the pommel horse? I do that 3/4 then im like on front support on the beam and i cast and do a squat on. I've seen someone do a cast handstand on youtube. many people do splits or straddles just youtube beam mounts theres a lot of original ones!

Oh my goodness gracious. Sorry, but my mind didn't quite process that... Can you possibly explain it again??? :eek:

On saturday I tried some front tuck mounts onto a block.. But I'm not sure that's really the best idea.. It seems like something you could fall on a lot. And I don't really want to fall on the first skill in my routine... Not sure

Oh my goodness gracious. Sorry, but my mind didn't quite process that... Can you possibly explain it again??? :eek:

umm haha well i do the level six mount then im chillin on the beam there so then i do like a flair around the beam so then im facing the other way then i do one more quarter so i am like litterally on a front support. then i cast and do a squat on and then stand up on the beam.
haha that didn't help at all.
but um yea if i ever convince my parents to let me put my meets on youtube ill give u the link so u can c it lol

you could do a yurchanko mount--with either a handspring or a layout. You could to Dominque Mocheanu's mount. When I was a level 8 I did a handstand forward roll mount--not too dificult once you get the hang of it..same with the yurchanko handspring (I did it level 9 & 10).

Dominque's Mount~[Here]

My beam mount this year is boring too...

I thinking that next year, if possible, I might do a straddle cut into v-sit or something...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back