My daughter won't do a cartwheel

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My DD is a strange one. She will do BWO, BHS, FHS all with coaches spot, but she won't do a cartwheel. She just refuses. I can't figure out why. I would think all of the above would be much harder. She just stands there and refuses. I asked her what was wrong after practice and she just said she would do it when she's big enough. LOL Kids are so strange. I'd love to know what's going on in her little head.

Sometimes their little brains just decide that they will only do something when they are big enough or old enough. I remember when my ds was 4 he would always say he would do this or that when he was 5. I knew he could do all these things - but even the day before his bday he said he'd do it when he was 5. Sure enough on his birthday he told us that now that he was bigger he would do all these things and did - it was too funny and too cute. Anyway - I'm sure when she decides to do it she will do it beautifully since she obviously is capable if she is doing all that other stuff :)

That is funny. I think kids just know when they're ready for something. On several occasions now my DD has said "today I'm going to get (insert skill)" and sure enough, she has. Most recently has been the standing BHS and the ROBHS. It's so funny 'cause I'm thinking "if you knew you could do it, why today and not last week?" LOL

Sometimes their little brains just decide that they will only do something when they are big enough or old enough. I remember when my ds was 4 he would always say he would do this or that when he was 5. I knew he could do all these things - but even the day before his bday he said he'd do it when he was 5. Sure enough on his birthday he told us that now that he was bigger he would do all these things and did - it was too funny and too cute. Anyway - I'm sure when she decides to do it she will do it beautifully since she obviously is capable if she is doing all that other stuff :)

My dd does this all the time. She has her mind set. And she always picks time frames. Sometimes its her bday. Like right now its when I am 5 i will do this. Or we have lots of company who visit us. And she will say when so and so gets here. Its almost a game to them.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back