Nadia Comaneci Article

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Bless her... finally a positive take on elite gymnastics. Also, If you have not read "Letters to a Young Gymnast", I highly recommend this book. It talks about her ups and downs, and clears up a few rumors as well :D

Comaneci says childhood was not lost | Sports | 2008 Summer Olympics | Reuters

I read recently that a coach from Pozsar's gym in CA (Emilia Eberle, now Trudy Kollar) was planning a tell all of her experiences during that time as well (she trained under Bela K, with Nadia). It sounds as if it may be more on the negative side, but not sure.

Ironically, Trudi now works for Geza Pozsar - he was the choregrapher for Karolyis in Romania - and also defected to the US with the Karolyis. Pozsar stayed in Sacto while the Karloyis went on to Ok, and then TX, and is a highly regarded choreographer on the US elite gymnastics scene - he choregraphed Nadia's & Emilia's (Trudi) routines back in the day as well as the Magnificent Seven's in '96 :p

My favorite part: "People asked what was the secret of Romanian gymnastics -- we just worked twice as hard as everyone else. Now everyone does it -- which is why they are much better," she says with a grin.

Nadia is hands down my dd's favorite. I think she has read letters to a young gymnast several times now.

I did a book report on Letters to a Young Gymnast in 9th grade. We had to write the report as if it was a speech giving an award. I gave Nadia most courageous. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back