Spoiler - Opening ceremonies on Canadian CBC this morning

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am actually watching the Opening ceremony on CBC right now, it is so very exciting.

It takes me back to the first time I saw the Montreal Olympics opening ceremony. I was 11, in the home of a neighbour who actually owned a colour tv, 20 of us jammed into his tiny living room to watch together. It was very exciting.

I can't wait to watch tonight with the kids, these are moments that kids remember for ever. Think I'll go make an Olympic cake!!!!:D

Last edited:
Spoiler Alert - DO not read unless you want to know

The flame was lit by gymnast Li Ning a former MAG Olympic Champion. It was so awesome!

Every time the games come around you wonder how they will top the last torch lighting. This one was definitely worth the wait! I loved it!!

Spoiler Alert - DO not read unless you want to know

The flame was lit by gymnast Li Ning a former MAG Olympic Champion. It was so awesome!
I know! I dont' mind saying I had had tears in my eyes as I watched the torch being lit. I can't help it, I do it every Olympics!

But this opening ceremony & the torch lighting were truly imaginative and awe inspiring!

Wasn't it special, I was so impressed with the drummers at the start. SO much work, so much imagination. The athletes must just be overawed, to get to the Olympics is such an achievment and to see that live, wow just wow.

It was AMAZING! I echo all the other comments about how the heck they are able to top each opening ceremony...this was so well planned & I loved how each segment blended into the next w/history and building mommentum to the torch lighting. OK, I confess I nearly fell asleep watching the parade of athletes, but I was able to make it to the end! I cried when the HUGE basketball player came in w/the lil boy from the earthquake.

DD was so funny, she watched with me until my parents came over to watch (we have huge TV w/HD) with us, and put on her chinese girl outfit my best friend brought home from China 2 yrs ago. I took a pic of her in front of tv posed with Chinese dancers in the background.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back